Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mum's Pancake

My son fancies eating the kind of pancake my mum makes.

It doesn't look like normal pancake (the ones you get outside). It looks like this...

Yesterday my son decided to have some pancakes for dinner. So I had to call my mum up and ask her for the recipe.

My mum's the kind of cook that goes.. "Put a little of this.. add a little of that..then .. cook then you see how then can already." Ya.. -_-

So here's my conversation with my mum when I asked her how to make her kind of pancake:
Me: Ma, your grandson wants to eat pancake. How to make?
Mum: Oh, very easy. Just use one egg, add a bit of flour, add a bit of sugar, add water and mix. Not too thick, not too watery.
Me: -_-"

So I took up the challenge.Gathered all the necessary ingredients and used my measuring tools to make the pancake.
 One egg, flour, sugar & water

Mix them up until smooth.
 Til I get the texture that I want..

Put some butter into my saucepan..
 Then add the batter...

and Tadddaaaaa!
 My boy loves ketchup! So I cut them into small pieces and let him have it with ketchup.

There you go, one happy boy!

Since I'm not as "professional" as my mum in cooking, I decided to measure how much flour, sugar & water  I needed to make the batter.

So here's the recipe:
(Makes 2 round 8cm pancakes)

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp butter

Steps:
1) Beat the egg lightly in a bowl.
2) Add flour, water & sugar. Mix until smooth.
3) Heat up saucepan using medium heat. Add butter.
4) Pour half of the batter and spread.
5) As it cooks, lift the edges of the pancake and then flip it once you can lift the bottom of it.
6) Cook the other side for about a minute or until you can lift it all up.

Served with sugar/honey/maple syrup or like how my son loves it, ketchup.

Enjoy! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment