Saturday, May 12, 2012

Strawberries for breakfast

Living in Malaysia, you can't find yummy strawberries every day. I suppose it's the strawberries season now cause I see loads of them in the supermarket. I can't stop myself from getting a box whenever I see it but hubby will always say "Must finish it fast!If not it'll rot and we'll have to throw it away." But I enjoy eating a few a day!

I recently started following this blog: How Sweet It Is and found some of her recipes really interesting.
So I chose two of her recipes to try.


1) Roasted strawberry, brie + chocolate grilled cheese.
Because I have dark chocolates in the fridge and I needed a "reason" to buy strawberries.

I didn't roast the strawberries cause I didn't have time to. I used wheatbread instead of multigrain.

Here's how my version of Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate grilled cheese..


2) Breakfast Quinoa (pronounced as kinwa)
Because I have no idea what quinoa is and have not tried it. When I found it in the market, I went.. I MUST TRY!

I used low fat milk instead of coconut milk. Strawberries instead of bananas cause I still had some extra strawberries in the fridge.

Here's how my version of breakfast quinoa..

Want to try these recipes? Check out How Sweet It Is or click:
1) Roasted strawberry, brie + chocolate grilled cheese.
2) Breakfast Quinoa 

Enjoy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment